0

Jennieva: My Competition Writing Text

I used to believe that friendship could last forever. I was wrong.

I sat there, on a branch of my oak tree, admiring the magnificent sunset that was in front of me. The sun was saying its goodbyes.

I used to believe that happiness could be stored inside of you, like a box. But no. My box has been torn open by the sadness feasting its way through me.

I am not the most attractive girl in history. My parents keep saying, “Gabrielle, you have the most beautiful eyes, did you know that?”, and I do know. It is true. My large pupil is surrounded by a dark yellow colour, and then there is a wonderful blue that makes my eyes even more striking. I have long dark brown lashes that are the same colour as my hair.  But those are the only things.

Katrena.

Once, my only friend. She understood my emptiness. She knew that I needed someone to comfort me when I was upset, and laugh with me when I was happy. Unfortunately, our friendship was torn apart.

And it was all because of me.

Katrena’s mother had abused me. She had called me a rat. She asked Katrena why in hell she would ever think of me as a friend.

That’s when I did it.

I poisoned her coffee.

I hadn’t meant to hurt her badly, but I did. She became ill.

Katrena’s Mum developed serious kidney failure, and that’s why our friendship was well and truly over. Katrena knew I had done it, but she still didn’t want me to get in trouble, so she kept it to herself.

She’s that nice.

I deserve to be punished, though. Guilt is building up inside me, and someday, I will be made of the stuff.

A tear rolled down my cheek.

Mrs Pratt