2

Beavers (Bebras) Computational Thinking Challenge

Screen Shot 2015-03-19 at 6.54.16 pmAre you persistent?

Do you strive for perfection in your tasks?

Will you work away consistently until you achieve your goal?

If your answer was a resounding “Yes!”, you might just be the right candidate for the Bebras Computational Thinking Challenge!

Bebras means ‘beaver’ in Lithuanian, and this hard-working creature was chosen by Professor Valentina Diagene to become the symbol of the International Informatics Contests she founded.

Computational Thinking allows us to break down complex problems and generate solutions for them. On Tuesday this week, our class participated in the Bebras Computational Thinking Challenge. Students were encouraged to work in pairs through several questions such as the one below:

Screen Shot 2015-03-19 at 6.59.06 pm

We has lots of fun and it was great to see the kids behaving just like little beavers: hacking at the problem until they thought they reached a logical solution!

P.S – What do you think the answer is to that one?

Mrs Pratt

2 Comments

1. I love beavers too! The state animal from oregon is the beaver. I think beavers work hard too. Don’t forget to visit mrs Amir’s blog, and then visit mine.

From,
    Thomas

2. Dear Mrs. Pratt’s Class,

I really liked the texture of your blog and the things on the side. The beaver question was tricky.

The beaver represents Oregon, and the Beavers are my favorite college football team.

Please go to Mrs. Amri’s blog and on the left side scroll down until you find my blog.

From,

Garrett