Our class will create and maintain its own blog through the Edublogs website. The creation of this blog will allow us in particular to practise and reflect on our use of cyber safety skills in an authentic environment and under supervision on a regular basis.
The following guidelines have been put in place to ensure the safety of all students when blogging:
- Students’ photographs, surnames, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, specific information, date of birth and other personal information WILL NOT be included on the blog.
- Students’ first names, work (including photos and videos of students’ work), and school name MAY be included on the blog.
- All comments will be screened and approved before they are published on the blog.
- Students will be encouraged to comment on other class/students blogs under teacher supervision.
- Parents who leave comments are asked to use their first names only so as not to identify their child.
- All comments must be polite, respectful and courteous.
- Others’ work, music, video or images may not be used without their permission or attribution.
Guidelines adapted from Kathleen Morris’s work http://primarytech.global2.vic.edu.au/2012/01/29/five-steps-to-starting-a-class-blog-in-2012/